Sunday, July 21, 2013

Trials Can Be a Spiritual Experience

This week has been more difficult than others since Easton's death. As I struggle each day to focus on normal tasks or conversations my heart just aches. I have a hard time carrying a conversation. I feel like I only hear about 2/3 of what people say to me. I apologize to all my friends for that. I don't even know where my mind goes. It just seems partially numb. My faith and testimony don't wa...iver, but the pain is real. Earlier this week I was asked to speak in church today. This week as I pondered the topic of my talk I began to realize that EVERY trial I face in life CAN be a spiritual experience if I put my heart, soul, mind, and faith in the Savior. I recognized that as I began thinking about my experiences with Easton and all that the spirit has taught me since he has died. Our family has learned so much from his life and his death. It has been a very spiritual experience and I have had many each week since his death, which i am truly thankful for. As much pain as I feel every day, I know it will get better. I know that joy will replace that pain ten fold stronger when we reunite with Easton in Heaven. I appreciate the tender mercies that are sent to me so often as I need them. I am thankful to know that Heavenly Father is mindful of me and my needs. I know he knows what trials to send me so that I can learn to be more like Him. I also know he won't give me more than I can handle. I am thankful for this knowledge because it brings me peace during this difficult time. I couldn't imagine going through this without the testimony I have of my Savior and His Gospel that is taught in His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment